If you want to create 3D games, Java provides you an API, which best suits for creating 3D games. The Java 3D API is an interface to create application programs. These help you to create three dimensional graphics applications and applets.
Here are things You'll Need to Program
- Java 3D API
- Non standard input devices for game playing
- JOGL(Java OpenGL) a wrapper library that allows open GL to be used in JAVA
- Jake2 or JMonkeyEngine - Java 3D game engines
- Demos on how to use JOGL
- Through understanding of JAVA 3D API
- Supporting Operating Systems are Linux, Windows 2000/XP, Mac OS X
- Basic storyline of your game
Note: Using this software requires basic skill sets on Java, you can check demo videos on the Internet indicating better usage of this software in the 3D gaming world.