Google’s Polymer is an entirely new approach to build web applications. It makes it easy to add functionality like forms, maps and calendars in web projects to create a truly immersive app-like experience on the web. The 1.0 version of the Polymer library is now ready for use in production. This version is developed from ground-up and makes it relatively easy to create interoperable web components with core focus on cross-browser performance.
According to Google Polymer website major new and updated features include:
- New, fast, and easy-to-use data binding system
- Custom CSS properties for element themes and style
- Fast and lightweight Shadow DOM shim for non-supporting browsers
- “Behaviors” mechanism for sharing behavior between elements
- Create production-ready elements using Polymer, to use in your app or share with other developers.
Advantages of using Google Polymer see here: Google Polymer 1.0: Creating Interoperable Web Components